Posting # M-2122-0002
Position # 0123
ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER OF COMPLAINTS & QUALITY SERVICES (119)
|DEPARTMENT:||Service Quality and Complaints Office (733505)|
|WORK LOCATION:||Eeyou Istchee Communities|
|MANAGEMENT LEVEL:||Senior Manager|
|SALARY:||Class 37: Min. $73,955 – Max. $96,141|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Service Quality and Complaints Commissioner, the incumbent contributes to and assists the Commissioner in the role of a Regional and Local Service Quality and Complaints Commissioner for the scope of the organization’s programs and services and associated administrative and management functions.
- Fulfills specifically assigned mandates from the Commissioner in the following areas, with the main priority being that of operational file logistical management, assistance to complainants and investigations.
- Contributes to the reception and inquiry of complaints made by the Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay (CBHSSJB) service clients, their family or any relevant person, in accordance to the legislation, and supports the complainant.
- Contributes to the investigation of complaints, including the production of all reports and recommendations and intervenes when mandated by the Commissioner regarding problematic situations of which the incumbent is made aware.
- Forwards complaints to the Medical Examiner concerning members of the Council of Physicians, Dentist, Pharmacists (CPDP).
- Prepares recommendations and follow-up for the amelioration of the quality of services offered, respect of the clients’ rights, respect of the codes of ethics and the satisfaction of the clients.
- Keeps a record of each complaint and the result of the inquiry and helps compile statistics for the Board of Directors and the Ministry of Health and Social Services of Quebec (MSSS).
- Participates and collaborates with the various managements responsible for the Service Quality, in the continuing improvement of quality assurance systems.
- Contributes to specific aspects of the management of the administrative resources within the Commissioner’s Office.
- Promotes public awareness and understanding of the Complaints Process, Code of Ethics, Confidentiality Policy and Mistreatment of Vulnerable Adults Policy and Procedure.
- Directs clients and their families to the appropriate department within the establishments of the CBHSSJB.
- Provides support on conflict resolution for clients, families, and employees of the CBHSSJB.
- Refers clients and/or their families to the appropriate Region-Commissioner of Complaints when the complaint is against an external hospital, and provides assistance to formulate the complaint.
- Collaborates with other Complaints Commissioner if complaint is against their health establishment and provide information when required.
- Replies to the Protecteur du Citoyen in a timely manner and provides support or information when required.
- Replaces the Commissioner in their absence.
- Bachelor degree in a discipline appropriate to complaints investigation.
- Three (3) years of appropriate experience in health or social services administration and/or human right investigation.
A combination of appropriate experience and education can be considered.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of the MSSS network, regulations and programs for health, medical and social services, in all categories of Establishments;
- Good knowledge of the Act respecting health services and social services in relation to complaints and quality of services;
- Good knowledge and skills in quality assurance systems, complaint investigation, problem-solving, and the mediation or management of conflict;
- Excellent listening skills, and; ability in objective interviewing approaches;
- Empathy towards the needs of users and respect of their rights;
- Good knowledge of Cree culture, history, values and traditions is an asset;
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues related to First Nation health and social services;
- Knowledge of Cree traditional methods and healing practices / Nishiyiiyuu is an asset;
- Ability to apply Eenou/Eeyou (Cree) culture, values, traditions and teachings into complaints management is an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and respectful teamwork skills;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and presentation;
- Methodical, organized, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, organizational and decision-making skills as applied to complaints investigations;
- Good working ability with administrative computer applications, especially Office applications;
- Availability to respond immediately to complaints.
- Fluent in Cree and English;
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Willing to travel extensively (50%).
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2021-05-11 / 2021-06-01|
|HOUSING PROVIDED:||Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometres from the locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7/35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Please note that applicants registered in the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for the management activities associated with this position.