|Position : Asset Protection officer|
|Department||Security||Posting date:||December 2, 2020|
|Location:||Renard Mine Site||Deadline to apply:||December 23, 2020|
|Homeports: Chibougamau, Rouyn-Noranda and St-Hubert|
Stornoway is recruiting an Asset Protection Officer class 3. Reporting to the Asset Protection coordinator, the Asset Protection Officer is responsible for conducting search activities, video surveillance, access control and ensuring that the general safety and security of the site are maintained.
- Private security guard license in Quebec;
- Excellent oral communication in English and French;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in security, military or law enforcement;
- More than 350 hours training, equivalent to a TP, AEC, DEP in private or industrial security.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software such as Excel, Power Point and Word;
- Comprehensive knowledge of security and risk management (principles, systems and associated technologies);
- Proven management skills;
- Demonstrated analytical and decision-making skills;
- Ability to analyze requests and provide viable solutions;
- Undeniable integrity, maturity and confidentiality;
- Interests and skills to work in a multicultural work environment;
- Ability to work as a team;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness;
- At all times exemplary attitudes towards health and safety.
- Prior experience in a mine operation context;
- Experience in handling CCTV and X-Ray surveillance equipment;
- Experience in investigations or intelligence operations;
- Leadership and communication with a focus on mentoring and development of others;
- Ability to conduct investigations effectively and assess organizational threats and security risks.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.