Position: Asset Protection Coordinator
Department: Process plant
Sub-department : Maintenance
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard Mine
Home Ports: Val d’Or, Chibougamau-Chapais, St-Hubert and Quebec City airports.
Posting date: February 24, 2021
Deadline to apply: March 17, 2021
Reporting to the Superintendent of Asset Protection, the ideal candidate has a minimum of 8 years experience in security, military or law enforcement. A background in industrial security, police technique is a considerable asset. The work schedule consists of 2 consecutive weeks of work on the mining site followed by 2 weeks of rest.
- Assist the Superintendent of Asset Protection in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and systems to maintain, measure and improve the overall security function of the company.
- Identify security risks in order to develop a risk management plan and implement appropriate activities and mitigation measures
- Supervise and manage a work team
- Take charge and manage conflict situations
- Coordinate activities such as passenger screening, baggage searches, facilities, and vehicles
- Supervise and carry out Investigations and take charge of problematic files
- Develop, evaluate standards and performance measures for staff.
- Analyze operational data and respond to organizational needs, risks and requirements.
- Participate and support the training and security awareness of employees and contractors working at the mine site.
- Carry out all other tasks related to the (department or activity) at the request of the immediate superior.
Qualifications and skills
- Valid Quebec private security guarding permit,
- Quebec private security investigation permit, or the possibility of acquiring one during the probation period.
- Experience in investigations and inquiries,
- Experience in team management,
- Experience in the use of CCTV and X-Ray monitoring equipment,
- Ability to manage organizational and human conflicts,
- Knowledge of security incident investigation and audit systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software such as Excel and Word required,
- Knowledge of access control and surveillance software is an asset
- Knowledge in security and risk management (principles, systems and associated technologies)
- Knowledge of legislation, the Civil Aviation Code, airport security rules, air transport regulations and the transport of hazardous materials and products,
- Demonstrated analytical and decision-making skills; ability to analyze queries,
- Proven administrative skills,
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and French required,
- Leadership and communication with a focus on mentoring and developing others;
- Ability to work in a multicultural work environment,
- Exemplary attitude at all times towards health and safety.
- Attitude and integrity at all times towards its personnel.
- Unquestionable integrity and honesty,
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.