Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The
Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining
jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold
producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental ,
social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported
by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in
1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The laboratory technician is part of the assay laboratory service team. He/She is responsible for the
maintenance and continuity of operations related to analysis, fire assay, damp laboratory, gravimetrics and environment.
- Develop, implement and improve work tools for the purpose of quality control
- Understand the analysis services required by different sectors and services and follow up with
- Participate in the health and safety activities of the processes sector
- Plan, prepare and conduct follow-ups on health and safety activities such as joint inspections, risk analyses and incident/accident reports
- Ensure the proper functioning of all activities and compliance with work procedures
- Ensure that information registries pertaining to production are properly filled out
- Support laboratory employees and act as a replacement when necessary
- Participate in the drawing up of budgets and ensure that maintenance costs are controlled
- Take inventory and ensure that needs are related to production and services
- Validate the QA/QC and approve the results
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health
- All tasks related to the performance of his duties
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- College diploma in Analytical Chemistry or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Minimum 5 to 10 years experience in a mining laboratory
- Knowledge of processes related to sample preparation, fire assays, acid digestion, gravimetrics
- Knowledge of computers and LIMS software
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to work in a remote location and in a multicultural environment
- Organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Adaptability Team work in a multicultural environment
- Organizational skills
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at
www.newmont.com/careers no later than November 9th, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.