- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level College
Position: AIRPORT SUPERVISOR
Department: asset protection
Location: Renard mine
Homeports : Val d’Or, Chibougamau-Chapais, St-Hubert and Québec Airports
Stornoway is looking for an Airport Supervisor. Reporting to the Superintendent of Asset Protection and Airport Operations, the Airport Supervisor assists in the operation of the airfield by applying the rules and standards in effect and by performing the various actions required in the CFX5 Operations Manual.
- Oversee the activities of his/her area;
- Manage airport operations;
- Write inspection reports, aircraft movement reports, maintain records, databases and documentation of the airport;
- Organize activities according to a set of criteria: quality of services to be provided, deadlines to be met, safety and security instructions, constraints related to the operation;
- Gather and communicate various information, such as weather data, runway conditions and visibility conditions;
- Performs various inspections of facilities, equipment and vehicles;
- Performs refueling, de-icing and ground activities;
- Receive and accompany deliveries, analyze and ensure fuel quality;
- Operate and ensure mechanical inspection of various equipment (snow removal, de-icer, tractor, GPU, Installation, etc.) and move or tow aircraft as required;
- Activate the emergency measures plan in any situation that requires it;
- Participate in medical evacuation activities;
- Supervise compliance with the rules, safety and security instructions established by the airport manager.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in an airport and/or air transportation service chain environment;
- Technical background in airport operations and/or air transport regulations (an asset);
- Proven knowledge of aeronautical conditions, altimeter data, approaches and weather conditions;
- Knowledge of civil aviation legislation, airport safety rules, air transport regulations and the transportation of hazardous materials and products;
- Restricted radio operator certificate (aeronautical competence);
- Knowledge of refueling, de-icing and ground service;
- Demonstrated analytical and decision making skills;
- Documenting and organizational skills (flight data, logs, etc.);
- Interest and ability to work in a multi-cultural work environment;
- Exemplary attitude towards health and safety at all times.
- Good organizational skills, autonomy and resourcefulness
- Good capacity to adapt
- Rigor and sense of responsibility
- Versatile, autonomous, resourceful
- Oral communication in English and French required;
- First aid training in the workplace – CNESST
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.