Posting # DEV-M-2122-0046
Position # 0152
|DEPARTMENT:||PUBLIC HEALTH -USCHINIICHISUU (676577)|
|MANAGEMENT LEVEL:||Intermediate Manager|
|STATUS:||1 Permanent Full-Time|
|SALARY:||Class 36: Min. $70,185 – Max $91,241|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Public Health Uschiniichisuu, the Advisor Uschiniichisuu will lead the deployment of Aire ouverte, a model of integrated youth services network. The incumbent will coordinate and direct, in close collaboration with those responsible for the clinical and partnership components (with young people, community organizations and internal partners) the development of one or more Aire ouverte sites in Eeyou Itschee. The incumbent will work in a concerted manner to review the way services are offered to Uschiinichiisuu population to reach as many young people as possible in need of services, including young people who are more vulnerable or suspicious of traditional services, to ensure complementarity, continuity and fluidity of the services offered to these young people and to improve the transition of services to adulthood.
- Theincumbentwillexercisehis/herroleinacontextofpartnershipapproachtocare,mobilizationofintersectoralactorsandtransformationofpracticesinvolvingadaptingthe Aire ouvertemodeltoEeyou Itscheeaccordingtoministerialorientationsandexpected
- The incumbent must implement Aire ouverte in his/her establishment in accordance with the vision, directives and values of the project and ensuring a constant link with the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux (MSSS). He/She will be in close collaboration with the members of the Aire ouverte implementation and support team of the Direction des services en santé mentale – youth component of the MSSS.
- The planning of the project and the deployment of Aire ouverte will be based on the mobilization of young people, partners (internal and external) of the CBHJBSS and the community, for the development of a common vision of the Aire ouverte integrated youth services network. It will need to put in place a project governance structure that will allow youth and partners from all sectors to participate in decisions throughout the progress of deployment and practice changes.
- Together with the members of the project team, supported by the managers concerned, by the youth committee and by the various partners, she will work to coordinate all the steps necessary for the deployment of Aire ouverte.
- More specifically, it will coordinate the activities of developing a common vision of Aire ouverte on its territory, the development of the offer of services in accordance with the territorial specificities identified, will ensure the follow-up of the realization of the work necessary for the establishment of a new place of services, in addition to ensuring the realization of the process of hiring and welcoming the required human resources and this , in accordance with the deadlines set by the MSSS. It will have to be on the lookout for innovation and research in order to support the implementation of best practices within the framework of Aire ouverte.
- All Public health department staff may be mobilized temporarily during a public health urgency.
- Bachelor degree in science, social science, psychology or another appropriate discipline.
A master’s degree in an appropriate discipline is an asset.
- Three (3) years of relevant youth programming experience, ideally in a health or social setting or public organization.
- Very good understanding of the different continuums and trajectories of services offered in different service programs concerned (mental health, youth, general social services, public health);
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Cree culture, traditions, communities, language and social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee;
- Ability to integrate Eenou/Eeyou (Cree) culture, values, traditions and teachings into programs and services;
- Knowledge of or ability to grasp the issues and context surrounding youth and family development in First Nation northern communities;
- Knowledge of First Nation health/social service models, trends and issues;
- Good knowledge and strong background in Youth health, more specifically in holistic youth and family social and health development;
- Ability to both manage the planning and development of new initiatives and programs;
- Have a client-centric approach;
- Able to prioritize and work under pressure;
- Demonstrate a high tolerance for ambiguity; strong leadership and teamwork skills; creativity and innovative thinking; Excellent interpersonal and organizational communication;
- Demonstrate an ability to create multiple partnerships and build partner buy-in;
- Recognized clinical leadership (an asset); Ability to adapt and consult.
- Excellent communication skills, both listening, written and presentation;
- Ability with administrative computer applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Fluent in Cree, English, French;
- Willing to travel frequently.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2021-09-22 / 2021-10-06|
|HOUSING PROVIDED:||Yes, if based in the Cree communities.|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7 / 35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Please note that applicants registered in the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for the management activities associated with this position.