ADVISOR OF ADMINISTRATIVE CENTER UNIT – HOSPITAL SERVICES (0277)
Posting # ADD-2223-0244A
Position # S977
Department: Chisasibi Hospital (755103)
Work Location: Chisasibi
Management Level: Intermediate Manager
Status: 2 – Temporary, Full-Time
Salary: Min. $70,185.00 – Max. $91,241.00 (Class 36)
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Coordinator of Administrative center unit (Hospital services), the incumbent supports the Coordinator in the management of services and activities within the jurisdiction of the Administrative Center Unit and ensures support to the Hospital’s management; employee relations and line management of administrative resources staff embedded in the Services Units. The incumbent is also in charge of the development of a strategy for the prevention and safety of all facilities under the responsibility of the hospital services. The incumbent collaborates with the Coordinator of Administrative center unit for the coordination of the administrative and materiel operation for the services under the hospital.
1. Collaborates with the Coordinator of Administrative center unit to ensure the operational level management, leadership, accountability, planning, organization, coordination, implementation, control, supervision, and reporting, for all the services within their Hospital Administrative Unit’s jurisdiction.
2. Participates to a collaborative relationship and involvement with the Administrative Resources Group as concerns administrative service/programming planning, and; professional standards and quality assurance planning. Collaborates to the service planning and organization for the Unit’s services. Does so with others in different manners according to the type of programming.
3. Contributes administratively with the hospital’s prevention and control of infections function.
4. Collaborates in the planning, and participates to the coordination, delivery and supervision of any other services or programs that fall within their mandate.
5. Provides administrative support and coordination to the Hospital’s management in the distribution of the workload, the preparation of work schedules and control of the staff’s timesheets. Carries out the fore-going in collaboration with the management team as regards staffs’ shared time between Units.
6. Collaborates that a safe and hygienic environment is maintained for the Beneficiaries, staff and visitors.
7. Collaborates the quality of services offered, in a perspective of continuous improvement and evaluation.
8. Participates in the identification and planning of coordination and continuity mechanisms for the 24 hours per day services, and; response to any clinical or other emergency, as required.
9. Collaborates in the planning, organization, coordination, and support for the development and integration of the professional practice standards into the tactical level of services planning, and the incorporation of such in policies, procedures, protocols and tools.
10. Contributes to the implementation and supervision of the Quality Assurance Program, the norms and standards of quality and interventions, and the satisfaction of the clientele served.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor degree in administration;
• One (1) year experience in service management or supervision in a multidisciplinary team setting.
• College degree in administration;
• Three (3) years experiences in service management or supervision in a multidisciplinary team setting.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Good knowledge of the Quebec public administration management laws and regulations and knowledge of those for a Regional Board, CIUSSS/CISSS, and Hospital programs is an asset;
• Good knowledge of the MSSS laws, regulations, Network, orientations and programs for the management of resources in the MSSS health and social services environment is an asset;
• Good knowledge of current issues and trends in management, and operational delivery planning, organization, coordination, supervision and quality assurance;
• General knowledge of the entire range of administrative sub-functions, and especially financial management information systems and collective agreements;
• Understanding and appreciation of human resources functions and issues;
• Good leadership and line management skills, including human and information resources management;
• Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context that relate to First Nation health and social services programming;
• Knowledge of Cree culture and communities;
• Good critical thinking, synthesis, decision-making, planning and organizational skills;
• Results-oriented, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task;
• Excellent interpersonal communication and respectful leadership and teamwork skills;
• Excellent communication skills, both listening, written and presentation;
• Ability to effectively collaborate with all colleagues, as a team member;
• Good working ability with administrative computer applications and management information systems, especially Office applications.
• Fluent in Cree and English;
• Fluency in French is an asset;
• Ability to read French is an asset.
• This position includes on-call periods.
Posting Start Date: 2022/09/24
Posting End Date: 2022/10/08
Positions Available: 1
Housing Provided: Yes, if hired more than 50km from the locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.
Shift Type: Day
Hours Per Day/Week: 7/35
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955, Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries
of the JBNQA.
Please note that applicants registered in the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for the management activities associated with this position.