Posting # DEV-M-2223-0064A
Position #: 0150
ADVISOR OF ADMINISTRATIVE CENTER UNIT (HOSPITAL SERVICES) (0277)
PERMANENT – FULL-TIME
|DEPARTMENT:||Chisasibi Hospital (500010)|
|MANAGEMENT LEVEL:||Intermediate Manager|
|STATUS:||1 Permanent – Full-Time|
|SALARY:||Class 36: $74,481 – $96,826|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Coordinator of Administrative center unit (Hospital services), the incumbent
supports the Coordinator in the management of services and activities within the jurisdiction of the
Administrative Center Unit and ensures support to the Hospital’s management; employee relations
and line management of administrative resources staff embedded in the Services Units.
The incumbent is also in charge of the development of a strategy for the prevention and safety of all
facilities under the responsibility of the hospital services. The incumbent collaborates with the
Coordinator of Administrative center unit for the coordination of the administrative and materiel
operation for the services under the hospital
- Collaborates with the Coordinator of Administrative center unit to ensure the operational level
management, leadership, accountability, planning, organization, coordination, implementation,
control, supervision, and reporting, for all the services within their Hospital Administrative Unit’s
2. Collaborates to the service planning and organization for the Unit’s services. Does so with others
in different manners according to the type of programming.
3. Contributes administratively with the hospital’s prevention and control of infections function.
4. Collaborates in the planning, and participates to the coordination, delivery and supervision of any
other services or programs that fall within their mandate.
5. Provides expertise and administrative support to the Hospital’s management in the distribution
of the workload, the preparation of work schedules, etc.
6. Collaborates that a safe and hygienic environment is maintained for the Beneficiaries, staff and
7. Participates in the identification and planning of coordination and continuity mechanisms for the
24 hours per day services, and; response to any clinical or other emergency, as required.
8. Collaborates in the planning, organization, coordination, and support for the development and
integration of the professional practice standards into the tactical level of services planning, and
the incorporation of such in policies, procedures, protocols and tools.
9. Contributes to the implementation and supervision of the Quality Assurance Program, the norms
and standards of quality and interventions, and the satisfaction of the clientele served.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in administration;
• One (1) year experience in service management or supervision in a multidisciplinary team
- College degree in administration;
• Three (3) years experiences in service management or supervision in a multidisciplinary team
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of the Quebec public administration management laws and regulations and
knowledge of those for a Regional Board, CIUSSS/CISSS, and Hospital programs is an asset;
• Good knowledge of the MSSS laws, regulations, Network, orientations and programs for the
management of resources in the MSSS health and social services environment is an asset;
• Good knowledge of current issues and trends in management, and operational delivery
planning, organization, coordination, supervision and quality assurance;
• General knowledge of the entire range of administrative sub-functions, and especially financial
management information systems and collective agreements;
• Understanding and appreciation of human resources functions and issues;
• Good leadership and line management skills, including human and information resources
• Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context that relate to First Nation health and
social services programming;
• Knowledge of Cree culture and communities;
• Good critical thinking, synthesis, decision-making, planning and organizational skills;
• Results-oriented, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task;
• Excellent interpersonal communication and respectful leadership and teamwork skills;
• Excellent communication skills, both listening, written and presentation;
• Ability to effectively collaborate with all colleagues, as a team member;
• Good working ability with administrative computer applications and management
information systems, especially Office applications.
- Fluent in Cree and English;
• Fluency in French is an asset;
• Ability to read French is an asset.
- This position includes on-call periods.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2023-04-06/2023-04-20|
|HOUSING PROVIDED:||Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometres from the Eeyou Istchee
locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7/ 35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.|
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.