Posting # M-2223-0023
Position # 0121
Advisor: Labour Relations (0217)
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources (730309)
WORK LOCATION: Montreal or Chisasibi
MANAGEMENT LEVEL: Intermediate Manager
STATUS: 1 – Permanent Full-Time
SALARY: Class 36: Min.$74,481 – Max $96,826
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Coordinator of Employee and Labor Relations, the Advisor Labor Relations supports the development, implementation and evaluation of effective labor relations strategies. The
incumbent is also responsible to provide guidance to managers and employees in the administration of the collective agreement and organizational policies. Finally, the Advisor will also contribute to the management of the Employee and Labor Relations sub-service.
- Ensures the operational application of all the working conditions and labour relations with respect to the laws, collective agreements, rules, norms and directives regarding the organization’s human resources management;
- Collaborates in the negotiation process, interpretation, distribution, administration and application of the collective agreements, other work contracts, laws pertaining to labour, and labour relations in general, under the supervision of the Coordinator – Labour relations;
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and interpretation of human resources information systems for various staff profile data, including the compilation and management of the HR file of employees.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in business administration with a human resources specialization or in industrial relations or in law;
- Member of “l’Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines agréés” is an asset;
- Three (3) years of relevant labour relations or management experience in human resources, ideally in a health or social setting or public organization;
- Good record in an appropriate level of Employee and Labor Relations management or leadership, with an additional four years of prior professional experience;
- Financial and information resources management is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of the Québec and federal labor laws, and MSSS collective agreements and human resources management regulations for Regional Boards and health and social services
- Good knowledge of and experience with human resources, and employee and labor relations related theory, practice, current issues and trends, including the planning and development of
policies, Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and HR program manuals and quality assurance systems;
- Expertise in database applications and knowledge of human resources information systems (HRIS);
- Able to provide high quality service and be attentive to staff and management needs, in a professional organization with a diverse range of occupational categories;
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the human resources management related issues and context in a First Nation health and social services organization;
- Ability to both manage the planning and development of new initiatives and programs, and the maintenance and quality assurance of existing services and programs;
- Proven ability or potential to be effective in the Cree Nation;
- Excellent interpersonal communication, diplomacy, negotiating, leadership and teamwork skills;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with line managers in a matrix organization;
- Excellent communication skills, both listening, written and presentation;
- Ability to coach staff ;
- Methodical, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, organizational and decision-making skills as applied to planning and problem-solving;
- Able to prioritize and work under pressure;
- Ability with administrative computer applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel and HRIS.
- Fluent in English and French;
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
- Willing to travel frequently if based in Montreal.
POSTING START/END DATE: 2022-12-01/2022-12-15
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1
HOUSING PROVIDED: Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometres from the Eeyou Istchee locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.
SHIFT TYPE: Day
HOURS PER DAY/WEEK: 7/35
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 / Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.|
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.