Posting #: DEV-M-2122-0050
Position #: 0157
|DEPARTMENT:||Information Resources (502300)|
|MANAGEMENT LEVEL:||Intermediate Manager|
|STATUS:||1 – Permanent Full-Time|
|SALARY:||Class 36: Min. $70,185 – Max. $91,241|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Under the line authority of the Director of Information Resources, the Senior Advisor for Database Governance, Security and Management advises the Director and Assistant Director on strategies to adopt and implement in support of data security and management activities throughout the life cycle. They are involved in all aspects of data management and security governance, both at the scientific and technical level. The goal is to provide users with quality care and services based on their needs and in line with the organization’s strategic orientations.
The successful candidate will be working during a time of major change and great complexity resulting from the merger and integration of several institutions with multiple facilities, missions and professions. They will be responsible for managing department-related activities with the objective of meeting the challenges of a large organization.
This transformation also brings with it a vast and complex legal framework, in addition to performance and transparency obligations. The present circumstances mean that candidates must have a very strong sense of responsibility and accountability; managerial courage; advanced skills in change management; a commitment to continuous quality improvement in performance, efficiency and effectiveness; and rigour in budget management. The patient (client) experience and a responsibility to the population/clientele served are at the heart of all processes, the ultimate goal being to improve service access, continuity and fluidity.
- Master’s degree in information systems;
- Post-graduate degree in information governance and security;
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to the position;
- Academic training or research experience is an asset;
· Any other combination of education and experience could be considered.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in data management (in the health field is an asset);
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Very good understanding of the health and social services sector, including its administration, legal framework and HR issues within a large institution, is an asset;
- Familiarity with the governance of information technologies and security in a large organization;
- Very good understanding of the issues associated with the position;
- Vision for the future and integrated knowledge of the environment;
- Good sense of systems analysis, including change anticipation
- Critical thinking and curiosity;
- Continuous concern for well-being and security;
- Good relationship skills and ability to dialogue;
- Leadership skills, including an ability to mobilize and an openness to diversity;
- Ability to facilitate and organize collaborative work;
- Ability to put continuous improvement into action.
- Fluent in Cree and English;
- Fluent in French (an asset).
- Available to travel 50-75% of the time.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2021-09-28 / 2021-10-12|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7/35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your resume to:
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
Tel.: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495
On your application, please make sure you specify the posting # and the title of the position to which you are applying.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY. HOWEVER, ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.|
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Please note that applicants registered in the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for the management activities associated with this position.