Posting #: DEV-M-2122-0049
Position #: 0156
|DEPARTMENT:||Information Resources (502300)|
|MANAGEMENT LEVEL:||Intermediate Manager|
|STATUS:||1 – Permanent, Full-Time|
|SALARY:||Class 36: Min. $70,185 – Max. $91,241|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Under the line authority of the Director of Information Resources, the Senior Advisor for Business Cases and Project Control is responsible for advising, supporting and orienting the Director and Assistant Director in the preparation of business cases and in project planning and control.
They will provide leadership in a context of transformation and continuous improvement in line with the strategic objectives of the Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay (CBHSSJB), ministerial orientations and expected results.
They will proactively apply their expertise and best practices to the various methods for opportunity analyses and to mechanisms for project monitoring and control, thereby promoting excellence in compliance with established scope, cost, scheduling and quality parameters.
The successful candidate will be responsible for validating the content of pre-project files and overseeing the quality of opportunity cases, business cases, health status reports and annual reports in accordance with the requirements of the Ministère de la Santé et des Services Sociaux (MSSS). They will also be responsible for the attestation process for these documents, as well validation and approval processes for cases and all necessary communication with the MSSS.
This will require participating in project governance in order to fully understand the issues and effectively support the CBHSSJB in a context of transformation and continuous improvement in line with ministerial orientations, our specific issues and expected results.
The successful candidate will be working during a time of major change and great complexity resulting from the merger and integration of several institutions with multiple facilities, missions and professions. They will be responsible for managing department-related activities with the objective of meeting the challenges of a large organization.
This transformation also brings with it a vast and complex legal framework, in addition to performance and transparency obligations. The present circumstances mean that candidates must have a strong sense of responsibility and accountability; managerial courage; advanced skills in change management; a commitment to continuous quality improvement in performance, efficiency and effectiveness; and rigour in budget management. The patient (client) experience and a responsibility to the population/clientele served are at the heart of all processes, the ultimate goal being to improve service access, continuity and fluidity.
- Master’s degree in administration, project management or a discipline relevant to the duties associated with the position;
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or any other discipline relevant to the position;
- Experience in project coordination could compensate for the lack of a graduate degree.
- More than ten (10) years of experience in the IT sector, including at least 5 years in a project management position in the health and social services network;
- Experience in ministerial accountability;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience in the preparation of business cases (information resource management plans) and IT project management in the health and social services network is an asset, including five (5) years in large-scale projects.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Very good understanding of the health and social services sector, including its administration, legal framework, governance standards and project methodology;
- Good communication skills (written and verbal), good judgment, sense of responsibility, excellent skills in analysis, synthesis and decision making, leadership qualities, creativity, and skills in control and supervision;
- Very good understanding of the issues associated with the position.
- Fluent in Cree and English;
- Fluent in French (an asset).
- Available to travel 50-75% of the time.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2021-09-28 / 2021-10-12|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7/35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your resume to:
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
Tel.: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495
On your application, please make sure you specify the posting # and the title of the position to which you are applying.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY. HOWEVER, ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.|
In accordance with various sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the Board’s objective is to fill all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Please note that candidates registered under the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have earned sufficient university credits to qualify to perform the management activities associated with the position.