ADMINISTRATIVE TECHNICIAN – SECRETARY GENERAL
PLACE OF WORK
MISTISSINI – ADMINISTRATIVE CENTRE
NATURE OF WORK
The principal and customary role of an employee in this class of employment consists of performing a variety of corporate administrative duties in accordance with established methods and procedures.
Financial Resources Management
• Carries out technical analyses of accounts and reports.
• Monitors transactions made by others, detects and corrects errors.
• Collects, analyzes and synthesizes the data required for preparing the budget; participates in preparing the budget.
• May be required to respond to questions from auditors and to provide the necessary information and supporting documents.
Human Resources Management
• Receives new employees and informs them of the general working conditions, particularly by organizing and conducting information sessions.
• Participates in reviewing job descriptions
• Informs staff of various matters dealing with collective agreements or any other regulation concerning human resources management and participates in their application.
• Develops and adapts work methods and procedures and oversees their application in the context of the delivery of the current activities.
• Applies or adapts management techniques to the delivery of corporate administrative activities and current operations.
• Prepares reports intended for the organizations concerned and ensures the distribution.
• Does research on various topics concerning Cree School Board when requested.
• Prepares and maintains calendar for Schedule of Meetings.
• Oversees the process of remuneration for the Commissioners and any other approved groups.
• Assists with the maintenance of the Corporate records.
• Assists with recording of minutes for Corporate files.
• Uses a computer and the various software needed to perform his or her duties or to conduct research on the Internet. He or she may be required to assist staff members with the software specific to their work.
• May be required to train less experienced staff as well as coordinate the work of support staff in performing duties related to the implementation of programs involving technical operations for which he or she is responsible.
• May be required to travel to support management and the corporate bodies of the Board.
• If need be, performs any other related tasks.
College Diploma in an appropriate specialty or a diploma or equivalent attestation;
Knowledge of computer skills in Microsoft Office 365: TEAMS, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are an asset;
Knowledge of English and Cree.
Available to travel.
Regular Full-time position.
Salary: $22.59/hr to $30.46/hr
Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
Retention Premium: $5,500.00/annual
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
Please complete the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate posting #: MIS-4431.
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
September 16, 2022
END OF POSTING
September 29, 2022 4:30PM
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form.