POSTING #: DEV-S-2324-0039A
POSITION #: 1395
ADMINISTRATIVE TECHNICIAN (2101)
DEPARTMENT: Miyupimaatisiiun Administration (732505)
WORK LOCATION: Chisasibi Hospital
STATUS: 1 Permanent Full Time
HOURLY SALARY: Min. (1) $24.21 – Max. (12) $32.32
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who performs work related to the management of human, financial and material resources or procurement. She assumes responsibilities related to the organization of work and the planning of the execution of complex work of an administrative nature such as the collection and analysis of data.
She may also be responsible for the administrative functioning of her community and sees to its internal and external relations. She is responsible for the activities of the executive office staff.
- Assists in the planning, organizing and controlling of the administrative work of her or his department;
- Collaborates with the creation, setting up and functioning of various administrative systems;
- Participates in the implementation and application and/or operation of various administrative policies, procedures and systems while making administrative decisions within the parameters of these administrative policies, procedures and systems;
- Performs complex administrative tasks related to various administrative systems;
- Enters, processes, compiles, and analyses administrative and/or clerical data in existing systems;
- Prepares administrative reports and other reports;
- Provides first line support on CBHSSJB main data software. Transmits the required data, responds to questions and/or provides information to the various departments, people, clienteles or external organizations, according to her/his area of responsibility and established procedures;
- Supports different organizational working relationships including collaboration, liaison and consultation, so as to achieve the organization’s model of integrated and collaborative matrix functioning;
- Participates in the development and implementation of management information systems for her/his area of responsibility;
- Participates in the organization and maintenance of documentation and information for her/his area of responsibility while applying established rules regarding confidentiality;
- Advises colleagues and provides them with the necessary support, in a collaborative manner;
- Collaborates and communicates with all other staff, for the benefit of the users. Provide basic single action training (individually and in group) and maintain training register updated;
- Participates in meetings of various intra and inter departmental groups;
- Ensures the carrying out of her or his duties according to the organization’s procedures and guidelines, and other regulations in effect, in order to provide quality services;
- Carries out other tasks usually assigned to an Administration Technician upon the request of her/his supervisor.
- Must have a college diploma (DEC) in general administration, accounting and management techniques, office automation techniques or another appropriate college discipline from a school recognized by the competent ministry or
- A college diploma (DEC) combined with a relevant undergraduate university certificate or a relevant Attestation of College Studies (AEC) of eight hundred hours or more combined with experience relevant to the field in question
- This job also includes people who hold a college certificate in administrative techniques.
- One year of relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Good knowledge of administrative theory, systems, techniques and practise
- Knowledge of the MSSS Network and administrative regulations is an asset
- Good knowledge and ability in office computer applications
- Client oriented
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Practical, attentive to detail and analytical
- Sense of accountability, resourcefulness & vigilance
- Teamwork skills
- Autonomous and flexible
- Discretion (working with patient confidential data)
- Available to travel to communities.
- Fluent in English
- Fluency in Cree and French is an asset.
POSTING START/END DATE: 2023-10-06/2023-10-20
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1
HOUSING PROVIDED: No
SHIFT TYPE: Day
HOURS PER DAY/WEEK: 7/35
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to our website https://creehealth.org/home -> Careers -> Job Opportunities
Cree Board of Health & Social Services James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
Need assistance or have questions? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.-