Posting # DEV-S-2021-0040A
Position # 5466
ADMINISTRATIVE TECHNICIAN (2101)
|DEPARTMENT:||Elders’ Home (500010)|
|STATUS:||1 Permanent Full-Time|
|HOURLY SALARY:||Min. (1) $22.23 – Max (11) $29.05|
The Elders’ home of Chisasibi is a residential and long-term care center of 15 residents with a projected total of 32 residents in 2022. The mission of a residential and long-term care centre is to offer, on a temporary or permanent basis, an alternative environment, lodging, assistance, support and supervision services as well as rehabilitation, psychosocial and nursing care and pharmaceutical and medical services to adults who, by reason of loss of functional or psychosocial autonomy can no longer live in their natural environment, despite the support of their families and friends. To that end, the center shall receive, on referral, the persons who require such services, ensure that their needs are periodically assessed and that the required services are offered within its facilities.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who performs work related to personnel management, financial management, work organization and planning for the execution of complex administrative tasks by compiling and analyzing data.
This job title also includes the person who is responsible for the administrative operation of a department and who oversees the department’s internal and external relations. She/he is responsible for the activities of the department’s office personnel.
Under the authority of the Coordinator of the Elders’ home, the person:
- Assists in the planning, organizing and controlling of the administrative work of her or his department;
- Participates in meetings and takes meeting minutes;
- Prepares schedules of the Elder’s home departments;
- Ensures the replacement of any employee absent whether it is planned (holidays) or unplanned (e.g. sick) according to the organization’s policies, procedures and protocols;
- Ensures that the recall lists are sufficiently filled to guarantee the replacement of any employees;
- Maintains a constant communication with the management team about the situation at the Elder’s home, especially the staffing situation (absences, no-show, needs for employees);
- Performs a round at 9am to know which employees need to be replaced and do the same at 4pm;
- Provides a daily status on the shift coverage and the absences of the day;
- Provides a state of situation on the shifts for the weekends;
- Collaborates with his/her supervisor;
- Carries out other tasks usually assigned to an Administrative Technician upon the request of her/his supervisor.
- Must have a Diploma of College Studies (DEC) in Administration in accounting, management techniques and office technology or other appropriate college discipline of a school recognized by the competent ministry. This job also includes people who hold a college certificate diploma in administrative techniques.
- Two years of relevant experience
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of routine office work, administrative theory, systems, techniques and practice;
- Excellent working knowledge of computer applications, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint), Virtuo is an asset;
- Be able to work under pressure;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Well organized;
- Teamwork capabilities;
- Ability to work in a team and to establish harmonious interpersonal and interprofessional relationships.
- Autonomous, flexible and discrete;
- Practical, proactive and attentive to detail;
- Fluent in English and Cree;
- Fluency in French is an asset;
- May be occasionally required to work outside regular hours when requested;
|POSTING START/END DATE:||02/15/2021 – 03/01/2021|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7 / 35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.