Job Posting Number: P-1920-0091
1. About this job posting
Job Posting Number: P-1920-0091
External Posting Number: N/A
Posting Start Date: Monday, January 6, 2020
Posting End Date: Monday, February 3, 2020
2. About this position
Work Location: Chisasibi
Status: Permanent Full Time
MSSS Job Number: 1 109
Department: Corporate Services
MSSS Job Title: Administrative Processes Spec
Financial Sub-Service Number: 733405
Job Hours: 35.00
Hours Per Day: 7.00
Shift Type: Stable
Work Schedule: 10/14 Days
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
- Person who analyzes the needs, conceives and applies professional techniques in the field of administrative methods and systems, in order to improve service delivery.
- Contributes to the effective and efficient daily operational functioning and general administration of the Corporate Services Department, as directed by her/his supervisor.
- Assesses the administrative needs of the Corporate Services Department, and recommends, develops, establishes and maintains appropriate administrative systems for such.
- Contributes to the assessment of the reporting needs of the CSD; the analysis of various files and information; the gathering and compilation of various information and activities, and financial analysis, and; recommends, develops, establishes and produces appropriate reporting.
- Collaborates with CSD Archivist in the development, implementation and maintenance of the CSD Management Information System (CSDMIS).
- Carries out administrative duties and develops administrative systems for specific projects or activities, and ensures that all the proper steps are taken with each project.
- Provides administrative professional and technical support, advice, and assistance to the Director of the CSD.
- Participates in the circulation of appropriate information between the Corporate Services Department, the Executive Director’s Office, the Chairman’s office, the organization and externally.
- Supports the Coordinator of Communications, as mandated.
- Prepares and provides appropriate information to the Coordinator of Communications for the website and other publications.
- Participates in the organization and maintenance of documentation and information.
- Supports the Director of Corporate Services in different community working relationships including
- population participation, liaison and consultation.
- Collaborates and communicates with all appropriate others.
- Respects the practices, conduct, ethics and confidentiality expected of employees towards Beneficiaries, visitors and other employees.
- Carries out other tasks usually assigned to a Specialist in Administrative Processes upon the request of his/her supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, human sciences, social sciences or other relevant academic discipline.
- Three 3 years of appropriate administrative experience.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- CEGEP Diploma in administration or social sciences, or another appropriate discipline, and 9 years of Appropriate administrative experience;
- Ability in the identification and analysis of administrative systems needs;
- Knowledge of administrative methods and techniques, budget management, data analysis and reporting;
- Knowledge of and experience with management information systems and data bases;
- Ability in administrative procedures planning and monitoring, including the development of policies and manuals and administrative quality assurance systems;
- Knowledge and experience in the function and operations of a Board of Directors for a para-public organization and the role of a Corporate Secretary;
- Excellent writing skills and experience and ability in recording minutes;
- Knowledge of the MHSSQ network, laws and regulations for an Agency/Regional Board and Establishments, is an asset;
- Knowledge of Cree culture and language, and social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee;
- Good professional record in administrative systems in a corporate services related setting;
- Good interpersonal, leadership and respectful teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and presentation;
- Strong ability in office-related computer applications;
- Methodical, organized and able to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational and decision-making skills;
- Fluent in English (written tests required);
- Fluency in Cree and French is an asset.
- Willing to travel
5. Salary information
Salary (Hourly) Minimum: $23.63
Salary (Hourly) Maximum: $43.63
All applicants must be Canadian citizens or have a Canadian work permit. Professionals must be licensed to practice in Québec. The Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay aims to hire qualified Cree beneficiaries of the JBNQA, whenever possible. English is the working language of the CBHSSJB.
To apply, send your CV and a cover letter mentioning the Posting number to email@example.com or fax 1-819-855-2680. For information call 1-877-562-2733.