DEPARTMENT: Pimuhteheu (677077)
WORK LOCATION: Mistissini
HOURLY SALARY: Min. (1) $23.63 – Max. (18) $43.63
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Person who analyzes the needs, conceives and applies professional techniques in the field of Administrative methods and systems, in order to improve service delivery.
- Contributes to the effective and efficient daily operational functioning of the Pimuhteheu department as directed;
- Contributes to the ‘’administrative project management” of policies, information, files, actions and meetings;
- Assesses the needs for supporting the administrative team and recommends, develops, establishes and maintains an appropriate administrative support system;
- Assesses the reporting needs to support the administration function and recommends, develops, establishes and carries out appropriate reporting systems;
- Contributes to the Pimuhteheu Department planning, either through direct support to the management team, or in supportive collaboration with mandated personal;
- Assesses the material needs of the department to support the administrative functions and recommends, develops, establishes and carries out appropriate processes;
- Participates in the circulation of information within the organization, and externally;
- Provides and analyses of statistics, indicators, performance measures and dashboards, and the gathering and compilation of the financial analysis of the organization’s activities, and produces various types of reports;
- Support for the functioning of the Pimuhteheu department;
- Give support to AED – Pimuhteheu for the planning and preparing of the documents to be presented at committees and other meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration or social sciences or human sciences or another appropriate discipline;
- Three (3) years of appropriate administrative experience.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Holder of Traditional Eenou/Eeyou Knowledge, at a level appropriate to research program development planning;
- Knowledge of current First Nations research models, trend and issues, across the country;
- Knowledge of MSSS administration and their research networks along with policies, programs, and current trends;
- Knowledge of administrative methods and techniques, budget management, data analysis, reporting, and information systems;
- Ability in administrative procedures and program planning and monitoring, including the development of policies and program manuals and administrative quality assurance systems;
- Good professional record in administrative systems in a similar type of research environment;
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Ability in office and research‑related computer applications;
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational and decision‑making skills.
- Fluent in English and French and/or Cree;
- Fluency in the third language is an asset.
- Willing to travel.
Posting start/end date: 2020-05-27/2020-06-10
Shift type: Day
Positions available: 1 Hours per day/week: 7/35
Lodging available: Yes
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495
Posting # : P-2021-0128
Position Number : 6046
With your application, please make sure to specify the PR and/or posting number as well as the Job title on which you wish to apply.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note 1: In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.