DEPARTMENT: Curative Dental Services (500018)
WORK LOCATION: Montreal
STATUS: 1 Permanent Full-Time
HOURLY SALARY: Min.(1) $23.63 – Max. (18) $43.63
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Person who analyzes the needs, conceives and applies professional techniques in the field of administrative methods and systems, in order to improve service delivery.
Person who is called upon to advise an institution on questions pertaining to dental assistants and who may be required to carry out such responsibilities as:
- Training, evaluation and skills updating activities for employees and trainees;
- Implementation, evaluation and revision of the dental assistants training programs aimed at improving the quality of health care and professional activities of the dental assistants;
- Collaborates in the dental assistant training program of the staff working for the Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay (CBHSSJB);
- Collaborates in the planning of continued education training of the dental assistant staff of the CBHSSJB;
- Contributes to the development and updating of the CBHSSJB dental assistant training program’s curriculums and instructional materials;
- Participates in the welcoming and orientation of new dental assistant staff;
- Delivers the training sessions and evaluates the training outcomes for the newly recruited dental assistant staff in their functions;
- Accompanies newly trained dental assistant into preceptorship;
- May be requested to deliver various trainings to the dental assistant already in place (annual trainings, asepsis, etc…)
- Participates in the observation and evaluation of the dental assistant in place in regards to quality assurance of dental assistant acts;
- Collaborates in the development, review, implementation and training related to clinical tools
- Supports the development and implementation of quality measures (clinical evaluation tools, etc.).
- High School Diploma;
- DEP Dental Assistance;
- Member in good standing of the l’association des assistants dentaires du Québec is an asset.
- One year of relevant experience as a dental assistance teacher;
- One year of relevant experience in training or equivalent knowledge.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good professional record as a dental assistant;
- Teaching abilities;
- Knowledge of Cree culture, and social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee is an asset;
- Knowledge of Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigms is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills, both group animation, written and presentation;
- Excellent interpersonal and listening communication, leadership and teamwork skills;
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational and decision-making skills;
- Autonomous, flexible, discrete and empathetic;
- Good computer skills.
• Fluent in English;
• Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
• Willing to travel frequently in the nine (9) communities.
Posting start/end date: 13/11/2019-27/11/2019 Shift type: Day
Positions available: 1 Hours per week: 7/35
Housing provided : No
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel: 514-861-5955 | Fax: 514-989-7495
Position Number: 5363
With your application, please make sure to specify the PR and/or posting number as well as the Job title on which you wish to apply.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note 1: In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.