LOCATION OF WORK
Within the Cree Community – Local School Administration
NATURE OF WORK
The position of Administrative Officer encompasses the performance of the management duties pertaining to the technical and administrative activities for the various programs operated throughout the local schools.
Working closely with and supporting the school management, the Administrative Officer is generally expected to:
- Contribute to the consultative process for developing the objectives and strategies of the school board dealing with her/his administrative unit and, where applicable, collaborate with other staff members.
- Participate in developing and updating the administrative policies, systems, standards, and procedures related to her/his sector of activity and ensure they are applied.
- Participate in the development and implementation of special projects within the schools’ operations, including the preparation and implementation of programs, the monitoring and reporting.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and consultations with stakeholders and partners on the programs when required.
- Implement and maintain efficient up-to-date systems, tools and procedures, including document and file management and administrative standards that respond to the needs of the department.
- Provides advice and problem-solving in areas relating to staff, planning, and relationships within the department and other services and partners.
- Provide training and orientation to partners and stakeholders, as well as coordinate the work of support staff in performing duties related to the implementation of programs involving technical operations for which he or she is responsible.
- Assists, if necessary, the administrators of the institutions and the administrative units of the school board.
- Uses various software needed to perform his duties including assisting staff members with the software/system tools specific to their work.
- Collaborates on the needs analysis of material resources and in the development of standards and their application.
- Prepares reports intended for the organizations concerned and ensures the distribution.
- Carries out technical analyses of accounts and reports.
- Monitors and validates transactions and applies modifications when needed.
- Collects, analyzes and synthesizes data required for preparing the budgets and proposals; including the monitoring of activities and assists the persons concerned so they adhere to the rules prescribed.
- Applies and adapts management techniques to the delivery of specific administrative activities and current operations.
- Supervises and oversees the day-to-day activities of the support staff of local school administration, in the absence of school managers.
- Authorizes expenses relating to the school operations for amounts within signing authority.
- Carry out or supervise the execution of activities for which she/he is responsible.
- If need be, performs any other related duties.
- To hold a College/University Diploma with an appropriate option.
- 3 years of relevant experience.
- Bilingual (Cree-English);
- Knowledge of French is a definite asset.
- Excellent operation of Office software.
- Available to travel on short notice.
- Strong research skills.
SALARY AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Permanent, Full-Time Position
Salary: $68,705.00 – $91,605.00
Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $17,652.00
*Given the current salary regulations and guidelines at the Cree School Board, candidates from another Quebec School Board will be able to obtain a salary as per the scale above-mentioned. However, candidates that are not from the education sector are not eligible to a salary above the midpoint of the position’s salary scale.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
Please complete the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate posting #: CSB-4481
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
October 19th, 2022
END OF POSTING
November 16th, 2022 5:00 PM
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form.