OPEN POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (Replacement)
COMPETITION NUMBER: MIS-3825
LOCATION OF WORK: Mistissini–Administrative Centre Office of the Deputy Director General – Operations
NATURE OF WORK
The position of Administrative Officer encompasses the performance of the management duties pertaining to the technical and administrative activities for the office of the Deputy Director General (Operations).
Working closely with and supporting the Deputy Director General (Operations), the Administrative Officer is generally expected to:
- Contribute to the consultative process for developing the objectives and strategies of the school board dealing with her/his administrative unit and, where applicable, collaborate with other staff members;
- Participate in developing and updating the administrative policies, systems, standards and procedures related to her/his sector of activity and ensure they are applied;
- Participate in the development and implementation of special projects within the office of the Deputy Director General (Operations) as well as their monitoring;
- Implement and maintain efficient up-to-date systems, tools and procedures, including document and file management and administrative standards that respond to the needs of the department;
- Participate in other projects and files requested by Deputy Director General (Operations);
- Participate in determining the work priorities and provide efficient, organized and quality services to these work priorities under the office of the Deputy Director General (Operations);
- Carry out or supervise the execution of activities for which she/he is responsible;
- Provides advice and problem-solving in areas relating to staff, planning, and relationships within the department and other services and partners;
- Works in close collaboration with the Deputy Director General (Operations) in preparing meetings and identifying and classifying agenda items, including the preparation of presentations for the Deputy Director General (Operations);
- Distributes information to the appropriate members and departments before and after meetings;
- Receive the new employees and informs them of the general working calendars;
- May be required to train as well as coordinate the work of support staff in performing duties related to the implementation of programs involving technical operations for which he or she is responsible;
- Assists, if necessary, the administrators of the institutions and the administrative units of the school board;
- Uses various software needed to perform his duties including assisting staff members with the software/system tools specific to their work;
- Collaborates on the needs analysis of material resources and in the development of standards and their application;
- Prepares reports intended for the organizations concerned and ensures the distribution;
- Carries out technical analyses of accounts and reports;
- Monitors and validates transactions, and applies modifications when needed;
- Collects, analyzes and synthesize data required for preparing the budgets and proposals; including the monitoring of activities and assist the persons concerned so they adhere to the rules prescribed;
- Applies and adapts management techniques to the delivery of specific administrative activities and current operations;
- Supervises and oversee the day-to-day activities of the support staff of Deputy Director General (Operations), in her/his absence;
- Authorizes expenses relating to Deputy Director General (Operations) for amounts within signing authority;
- Maintains professional and effective communications with internal and external partners, and provides the necessary information and/or supporting documents when required;
- May be called upon to provide training or support for staff under the office of the Deputy Director General (Operations);
- Performs administrative tasks as needed (i.e. travel, correspondence, etc.);
- If need be, performs any other related duties.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- To hold a College/University Diploma with an
- 3 years of relevant experience;
- Bilingual (Cree-English);
- Knowledge of French is a definite asset;
- Excellent operation of Office software;
- Available to travel on short notice;
- Strong research skills.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
Replacement position for an undetermined period.
Salary: 68,705.00 – 91,605.00$
Northern Allowance: $8,484 to $13,573
*Given the current salary regulations and guidelines at the Cree School Board, candidates from another Quebec School Board will be able to obtain a salary as per the scale above-mentioned. However, candidates that are not from the education sector are not eligible to a salary above the midpoint of the position’s salary scale.
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE
Please indicate the competition #: MIS-3825
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
In you have any questions, contact
DATE OF POSTING:
February 24, 2021
END OF POSTING:
March 9, 2021 5:00 P.M
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form.