- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Whapmagoostui
- Education Level High School Diploma
Posting # DEV-PR-2021-0002A
Position # 5384
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER CLASS 2 (5314) PERMANENT FULL-TIME
DEPARTMENT: Specialized Services – Dev. Fund (500001)
WORK LOCATION: Whapmagoostui
STATUS: 1 Permanent Full-Time
HOURLY SALARY: Min. (1) $20.76 – Max (6) $23.22
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who assists one or several professionals or a work team in their administrative or professional tasks.
She/he performs a set of administrative or managerial tasks according to the established complex methods or procedures or she/he changes them as needed. She/he exercises mainly and usually responsibilities related to the development and processing of files or data requiring specific knowledge.
She/he may also perform tasks falling under the secretarial sector.
The person is responsible to perform administrative tasks for the specialized services related to patient appointments with specialists for the community of Whapmagoostui.
Responsibilities and duties can include:
- Perform administrative tasks related to patient appointments for specialized services;
- Book and confirm medical appointments for patients;
- Greet patients for specialist appointments;
- Collaborate with the archive and pharmacy departments for the patient appointments;
- Perform administrative tasks related to specialist visits:
- Ensures support for the organization of the specialist visits;
- Take care of the purchase and order of equipment related with specialist visits;
- Transmit the required data, responds to questions and/or provides information to the various departments, people, clients or external organizations, according to his/her area of responsibility and established procedures;
- Compile the statistics of the division;
- Complete forms of various natures;
- Respond to various calls, transmit information and respond to general inquiries from patients or specialists;
- Participate and contribute to the implementation of the new services of telehealth and the administrative operations;
- Manage appointments with the organization’s tools;
- Carrie out other tasks usually assigned to an Administrative officer Cl.2 on the request of his supervisor.
- High School Diploma.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of routine office work;
- Good knowledge of computerized systems;
- Ability to work well under pressure and independently with minimum supervision;
- Familiar with medical terminology is an asset;
- Teamwork capabilities;
- Autonomous, flexible and discrete;
- Sense of accountability, resourcefulness and vigilance;
- Practical, proactive and attentive to detail;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken).
- Fluent in Cree and in English;
- French is an asset.
May be required to work occasionally extra hours outside of the regular shift for the visits of specialists
POSTING START/END DATE: 11/30/2020 – 12/14/2020
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1
HOUSING PROVIDED: No
SHIFT TYPE: Day
HOURS PRE DAY/WEEK: 7/35
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.