LOCATION OF WORK
MISTISSINI – Adult Education
NATURE OF WORK
- Reporting to the Director of Adult Education, the Administrative Officer administers and monitors all technical, financial and administrative activities of the SAES department, in alignment with the Cree School Board’s (CSB) mission, vision and goals.
- The Administrative Officer is supports with all administrative activities at SAES including internal administrative processes, procurement, authorizations, reporting and communications. The Administrative Officer provides administrative support to the Director of Adult Education with budgets, financial processes, proposals, events/meetings planning and coordination, reports, and resolutions. In addition, the incumbent oversees project management activities surrounding various strategic projects.
- The Administrative Officer leads by example, fosters a spirit of teamwork, engages employees and facilitates a workplace culture in keeping with the CSB organizational values.
- In alignment with the CSB Strategic Action Plan, supports the Director in the development and execution of the SAES annual action plan, strategic initiatives and departmental strategies, objectives, policies and programs
- Identifies opportunities for adjustment, as required and ensures monitoring and compliance in line with key performance measures.
- Develops, monitors and implements departmental activities as per established priorities and budget.
- Implements and maintains up-to-date efficient and effective systems, databases/ files and administrative standards that responds to the needs of the department while supporting the overall organization and ensuring alignment with legal and governance requirements.
- Ensures availability of relevant data summaries, contributes to analysis and circulates data and information, as required.
- Acquires and maintains expertise of relevant organizational processes and systems. Acts as a resource in assisting colleagues with regards to timing, requirements and procedures as required.
- Provides pertinent information and responses to queries from internal and external stakeholders, as required.
- Establishes and maintains effective communications and relationships within the SAES, across the CSB and with external stakeholders.
- Oversees all administrative activities at SAES including internal administrative processes, procurement, authorizations, reporting and communications.
- Supports the Director with budgets, financial processes, proposals, events/meetings planning and coordination, reports, and resolutions.
- Conducts project management activities including tracking of KPIs and coordinates various tasks between and within project teams.
- Ensures effective use of the MOZAÏK data system for accurate data input (data integrity). Liaises with and guides SAES staff as needed for the optimal management of the system.
- Ensures appropriate technologies are available for the department staff.
- Ensures availability, functioning and proper use of departmental equipment and office materials.
- Supports and trains schools and administrative departments with regards to decentralization.
- Ensures regular updates and maintenance of employee files.
- Ensures (in collaboration with SAES managers) the promotion and enforcement of health and safety standards
- A diploma of college studies in an appropriate specialty such as finance, accounting and administration.
- 3 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of HRMS an asset.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
- Knowledge of Cree Culture and Indigenous contexts.
- High level of autonomy, flexibility and strong communication and inter-cultural skills.
- Available to travel.
- Full-time regular position 35 hrs/week
- Salary: $68,705.00 to $91,605.00
- Northern Allowance: $ 8,484.00- $ 13,573.00
- *Benefits and working conditions according to the By-Law regarding the Conditions of Employment of Management and according internal procedures.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to:
Human Resources Services
Cree School Board
203 Main Street
Mistissini, QC G0W 1C0
Please indicate posting #: MIS-3586
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
POSTING DATE February 27, 2020
END OF POSTING March 11, 2020 5:00 PM