LOCATION OF WORK
Office of the Director General
NATURE OF WORK
The position of Administrative Officer encompasses the performance of the management duties pertaining to the technical and administrative activities for the office of the Director General.
Working closely with and supporting the Director General, the Administrative Officer is generally expected to:
- Contribute to the consultative process for developing the objectives and strategies of the school board dealing with her/his administrative unit and, where applicable, collaborate with other staff members;
- Participate in developing and updating the administrative policies, systems, standards and procedures related to her/his sector of activity and ensure they are applied;
- Participate in the development and implementation of special projects within the office of the Director General as well as their monitoring;
- Implement and maintain efficient up-to-date systems, tools and procedures, including document and file management and administrative standards that respond to the needs of the department;
- Participate in other projects and files requested by Director General;
- Participate in determining the work priorities and provide efficient, organized and quality services to these work priorities under the office of the Director General;
- Carry out or supervise the execution of activities for which she/he is responsible;
- Provides advice and problem-solving in areas relating to staff, planning, and relationships within the department and other services and partners;
- Works in close collaboration with the Director General in preparing meetings and identifying and classifying agenda items, including the preparation of presentations for the Director General;
- Distributes information to the appropriate members and departments before and after meetings;
- Receive the new employees and informs them of the general working calendars;
- May be required to train as well as coordinate the work of support staff in performing duties related to the implementation of programs involving technical operations for which he or she is responsible;
- Assists, if necessary, the administrators of the institutions and the administrative units of the school board;
- Uses various software needed to perform his duties including assisting staff members with the software/system tools specific to their work;
- Collaborates on the needs analysis of material resources and in the development of standards and their application;
- Prepares reports intended for the organizations concerned and ensures the distribution;
- Carries out technical analyses of accounts and reports;
- Monitors and validates transactions, and applies modifications when needed;
- Collects, analyzes and synthesize data required for preparing the budgets and proposals; including the monitoring of activities and assist the persons concerned so they adhere to the rules prescribed;
- Applies and adapts management techniques to the delivery of specific administrative activities and current operations;
- Supervises and oversee the day-to-day activities of the support staff of Director General in her/his absence;
- Authorizes expenses relating to Director General for amounts within signing authority;
- Maintains professional and effective communications with internal and external partners, and provides the necessary information and/or supporting documents when required;
- May be called upon to provide training or support for staff under the office of the Director General;
- Performs administrative tasks as needed (i.e. travel, correspondence, etc.);
- If need be, performs any other related duties.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- To hold a College/University Diploma with an appropriate option;
- 3 years of relevant experience;
- Bilingual (Cree-English);
- Knowledge of French is a definite asset;
- Excellent operation of Office software;
- Available to travel on short notice;
- Strong research skills.
Regular, Full-Time Position
Salary: $68,705.00 – $91,605.00
Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
Please complete the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate posting #: MIS-4511
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
November 21th, 2022
END OF POSTING
December 2nd, 2022
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form.