LOCATION OF WORK
NATURE OF WORK
The position of Administrative Officer encompasses the performance of the management duties pertaining to the technical and administrative activities for the office of the Director Eeyou Iihtuwin Research & Development.
Reporting to the Director of Eeyou Iihtuwin Research and Development, the Administrative Officer will oversee the administration and financial activities of the department.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Youth Sector strategic, operational and departmental plans, initiatives, and monitoring of the budget, etc;
- Ensure efficient and effect systems, procedures, tools and administrative standards of the function, while supporting the overall organization and ensuring alignment with legal and governance requirements;
- Develop, monitor and implement departmental activities as per established priorities and budget;
- Participate in the technical preparation of the annual budget;
- Implement and maintain up-to-date efficient and effective systems, databases/ files and administrative standards that respond to the needs of the department while supporting the overall organization and ensuring alignment with legal and governance requirements;
- Ensure availability of relevant data (reports), contribute to analysis and circulate as appropriate;
- Establish and maintain effective communications and relations within his/her sector, across the CSB and with external stakeholders.
- Plan, organize, and execute financial and administrative activities in support of the department’s strategic and operational plans;
- Advise departmental staff on governance, financial and administrative processes and requirements;
- Monitor budget expenditures; provide budget status updates;
- Oversee or complete the development and administration of purchasing and tendering of contracts, including securing approvals;
- Monitor and liaise with external consultants and services providers;
- Participate in determining work priorities;
- Manage meeting requests and coordinate the director’s schedule;
- Provide support to director concerning strategic files;
- Coordinate or oversee the organization and execution of meetings, including determining agenda items, creating meeting materials (PowerPoint, reference material, etc.), meeting summaries and follow up on action items;
- Act as a project lead or facilitator to plan, align, and mobilize initiatives across the department and CSB;
- Draft and circulate presentations, reports, communications, and other documents;
- Provide advice and problem-solving in areas relating to staff, planning, and relationships within the department and other services and partners;
- Upon request, act as director’s delegate to meetings and projects;
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Participate in resource selection and allocation (including work schedules and leaves) and supervision for all team members under his/her direct supervision;
- Pursue own professional development in order to enhance personal and organizational capacity and the changing needs of the organization;
- Represent department, as required;
Key Competencies (Skills and Abilities)
- Strong knowledge in the relevant areas of finance, accounting and administration;
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to Build Trust
- Solid planning and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across all levels and functions of the Cree School Board and to develop strong organizational knowledge and relationships
- Results oriented with a strong attention to details
- Adapts and responds positively to changing priorities in role and organization
- Ability to build personal and organizational capacity through continuous improvement
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to handle confidential information and sensitive situations appropriately
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and other, as per CSB standards).
- To hold a College/University Diploma with an appropriate option;
- 3 years of relevant experience;
- Highly proficient oral Cree is required;
- Professional oral and written English is required;
- Oral and written French is a definite asset;
Other Working Conditions
- Travel required
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible.
Regular full-time position.
Salary: $68,705.00 to $91,605.00
Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
Retention Premium: $5,500.00/annual
Please complete the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate posting #: CHI-4460
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
October 4th, 2022
END OF POSTING
November 1st, 2022 5:00 PM
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form.