Career Opportunity: Administrative Assistant
Organization: Cree Development Corporation/James Bay Native Development Corporation (CDC/SODAB)
Salary Grade: Administrative Salary Scale
Application: Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Administrative Assistant provides highlevel administrative and secretarial support to the CEO and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and is accountable for the preparation of reports, documentation, meeting minutes, filing, travel arrangements and meeting logistics.
Administrative and Reporting Responsibilities:
- Act as the first point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, screening calls, managing incoming and outgoing mail and email, and keeping accurate records of voice messages.
- Provide prompt and appropriate action with respect to inquiries, concerns and issues.
- Provide executive-level administrative support to CFO and CEO, including coordinating and scheduling travel, meetings, and appointments.
- Draft computerized memos, emails, letters, and correspondences and other confidential documents, and proofread when required.
- Coordinate meeting logistics and provide administrative support by scheduling meetings, preparing meeting agendas, recording meeting minutes, and developing meeting summaries or findings as required.
- Provide support with tasks related to Human Resources (new employee orientation, onboarding, payroll).
- Perform other general secretarial duties as requested, which may include research, data entry and collection, recordkeeping, maintaining office supplies, coordinating office equipment, and distributing incoming packages and correspondences.
- Coordinate expense report verification by ensuring that the correct documentation and receipts are submitted.
- Monitor and keep records of departmental expenses (office supplies, expense accounts), and control office budget.
Education and Certification
- High school diploma.
- Additional training in administration, secretarial studies or a related field is an asset.
Experience & Skills
- Three to five years of relevant work experience in an office setting, finance, business, administrative or related role.
- Experience working in an executive assistant role supporting C-Level executives is considered an asset.
- High level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Excellent business acumen and ability to exercise sound judgement.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, and ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Ability to work autonomously and produce high-quality work.
- Flexible and adaptable in various situations.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From March 01, 2023 to March 14, 2023
Your application must be sent by email to email@example.com.
Cree Development Corporation (CDC)
The Mission of the Cree Development Corporation/James Bay Native Development Corporation (CDC/SODAB) is to drive Cree economic development via investment, both within and outside Eeyou Istchee, for the benefit of all Crees. The CDC/SODAB acts as investment and holding company, not as an operational company and invests in several sectors, such as mining, forestry, renewable energy, and infrastructure.
More specifically, the CDC/SODAB:
- Invests in any undertakings in order to create, maintain or protect jobs for the Crees.
- Promotes the training of Crees in economic matters and enables them to increase their influence in the economic development of their Territory and of Québec.
- Stimulates the economy of the Crees by making strategic investments for the benefit of Cree enterprises and Cree workers.
- Promotes the development of Cree enterprises by inviting local governments, communities, associations, and partnerships to co-invest in funds that the CDC/SODAB may create for specific or general purposes.
- Offers financial products (e.g. loans, bonds, securities, grants, loan guarantees).
- Makes loans or grants for the carrying out of social or community development projects.
- Manages funds, assets, programs or activities at the request of the Cree Nation Government, or the provincial or federal governments.