Salary Grade 2: (Min. $33,059.00 – Max. $49,588.00)
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for carrying out various secretarial, clerical and general office administration duties.
- Assist in the administration and coordination of various Department-related activities such as setting up appointments, arranging travel schedules, making reservations, coordinating equipment and catering needs, preparing meeting notices, and recording the minutes of meetings.
- Assist in preparing, editing, and formatting material.
- Process invoices and claims or other budget documents.
- Enter data into spreadsheets and/or databases for reporting purposes.
- Support receptionists in their duties.
- Keep an inventory, maintain and assist with the trial and evaluation of office equipment and supplies.
- Maintain an efficient and effective database and filing system.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Certification
- High School Diploma with additional training program of at least one year in Secretarial studies, or related field.
- One to three years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in verbal Cree.
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From January 22, 2020 to February 7, 2020
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: FD-200102-1