- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Period Of EmploymentPermanent
- Job Location Oujebougoumou
The Administrative assistant provides administrative support mainly to the Executive Director but also to the staff of CNACA. Duties include general clerical, minutes taking, receptionist and
project-based work. One main responsibility is acting as the memory of the organization through notes, minutes of meetings. Another important responsibility is to act as the gatekeeper of human resource confidential information and providing to staff information about CNACA human resource policies and general rules. The candidate must project a professional corporate image through in-person, phone interaction and web platform including emails.
- Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member.
- Meet and greet clients and visitors.
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office.
- Take minutes of meetings and classify them for easy access by demand.
- Correct documents.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
- Sign for and distribute mailing packages (Purolator or else).
- Research, price, and purchase office furniture and supplies.
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff office space, phones, parking, company credit cards and office keys.
- Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences.
- Maintain and distribute staff weekly schedules.
- Collect and maintain PC inventory.
- Support staff in assigned project-based work.
- Provide office orientation for new employees or purposeful information needed by the staff or the board of directors regarding the human resource policies.
- Setup accommodation and entertainment arrangements for company visitors.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- High school diploma, general education degree, or equivalent practical work experience in a related occupation.
- Must be able to communicate in Cree and English. Understanding of the French language, both oral and written, is an asset.
- Has a good understanding of basic computer skills and the ability to learn how to use proprietary software and applications.
- Knowledge of the Cree culture and the traditional ways of life of the Eeyou Nation.
- Ability to work independently and proven capacity to plan and work efficiently. Must possess interpersonal relationship skills and ability to interact positively with people in general.
- Committed to continuous education through training, workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- CNACA may waive all or any of the aforementioned requirements if it finds a suitable candidate and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by CNACA.
- Cree pension plan
- Group insurance plan
- Team outings and activities
- Spring & fall cultural leaves
- Training and employee capacity building
- Travel to events and tradeshows
Terms of Employment
Please take notice that this is a full-time, permanent position and subject to a 3-months probationary period.
Salary for the above position will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the applicant. CNACA offers competitive salary and benefits and offers equal opportunities to men and women
Start Date: To be negotiated.
Please send your application by mail, fax or e-mail to:
Tel: (418) 745-2444 Extension: 3333
Cell: (418) 770-3210
Fax: (418) 745-2324
Date of Posting: May 18, 2023
Closing Date: June 9, 2023
Mission of the Cree Native Arts & Crafts Association
To diversify and grow a sustainable cultural economy in Eeyou Istchee involving partnerships among Cree artists, artisans and Cree communities that will preserve, promote and enhance the heritage of the Eeyou/Eenou Nation while encouraging contemporary means of expression that maintain Cree culture, values, traditions and skills.