TITLE: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO CORPORATE SECRETARY
STATUS: FULL-TIME PERMANENT
Under the direction of the Cree Nation of Mistissini, but more specifically under supervision of the Corporate Secretary, the Administrative Assistant to Corporate Secretary shall be responsible for secretarial, clerical and administrative functions relating to the office of the Corporate secretary.
- Provide secretarial/clerical, administrative support to the office of the band/corporate secretary;
- In the absence of the Corporate Secretary, Act as Deputy Corporate Secretary to exercise the powers to be responsible to perform all the required duties and functions of the Office;
- Assist in the preparation of agenda and information kits for the Council of the Cree Nation of Mistissini and members meetings;
- Post notices for members meetings, and referendums;
- Notify and contact all Council members and resource persons for all Council of the Cree Nation of Mistissini and members meetings;
- Prepares copies of draft minutes to be reviewed by councilors prior to a meeting;
- Record all incoming and outgoing correspondence from and to the office of corporate secretary;
- Type and update table of contents on all corporate records;
- Assist in the maintenance of the extensive filing system for monitoring the follow-up of mandates and resolutions and resolutions of the Cree Nation of Mistissini and sends out reminders periodically for incomplete mandates/directives or resolutions:
- Ensure that a place of meeting is secured and that all necessary equipment is set-up for all Council and Band members meetings;
- Perform other tasks from time to time as required by the legislative department including the council members.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary course in administration or related topics;
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in related administrative and management field;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in Cree and English, French would be an asset;
- Proven organizational skills, Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to operate a computer and other office machines;
- Able to work irregular hours when required e.g. overtime due to evening public or council meetings; or meeting deadlines of urgent administrative work.
Job Class 4:
Minimum: $ 48,260.62
Midpoint: $ 60,325.85
Maximum: $ 72,390.94
DATE OF POSTING: February 16, 2023
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: March 01, 2023
PLEASE ADDRESS ALL APPLICATIONS TO:
Andrew Neeposh, Director of Human Resources
Cree Nation of Mistissini
187 Main Street
Mistissini, Qc G0W 1C0
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST PROVIDE CERTIFICATES, DIPLOMAS AND TWO REFERENCE LETTERS.
Applications are to be forwarded to Emily Shecapio, Administrative Assistant to Human Resources or email: firstname.lastname@example.org