Department: Eenou Eeyou Police Force Status: Permanent
Salary Grade 3: (Min. $40,698.00 – Max. $54,331.00) Location: Ouje-Bougoumou
The Administrative Assistant carries out various secretarial, clerical, and general office administration duties to the Lieutenant and the detachments.
- Screen and respond to incoming correspondence, inquiries and telephone calls received at the detachment.
- Ensure the management and the follow-up of the agenda.
- Provide support by preparing, drafting, editing, and proofreading correspondence, presentations, brochures, publications, reports, or related material.
- Receive training for BeeOn Software and act as a reference and support for the use of the program to detachment staff.
- Conduct research, perform data entry, and transfer of data to the BeeON program in compliance with the Police Information Module (PIM) and Quebec Police Information Centre (CRPQ) systems to ensure reliable and useful data for the local and global management of EEPF.
- In between leaving and arriving Officers, ensure that houses have been inspected and meet the required standards.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and presentations to various committees or councils.
- Take and prepare minutes for detachment meetings. Prepare and send activity reports to headquarters.
- Coordinate various meetings or conference calls, including setting up appointments, preparing meeting notices, and making conference room reservations.
- Assist with travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Assist all Officers with administrative matters.
- Keep employee files up to date regarding requests for vacation, leaves, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma with additional training program of at least one year in Secretarial studies or related field.
- One to three years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French.
- Fluency in verbal Cree is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Must agree to undergo a background check.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From August 20, 2021 to September 6, 2021
Your application must be sent by email or fax with the competition number: EEPF-210803-1