As a main role in the organization, the Accounting Technician carries day-to-day accounting tasks, provides support and assists the Financial Controller in various financial reports, ensuring the budget is respected and the quality of documents and materials.
- Responsible of daily bookkeeping for COTA & EIT;
- Responsible for the accounts receivable and payable;
- Responsible for the employee payroll system
- Assist in preparing budgets, financial statements and ledger analysis;
- Participate in the preparation of the documents for the audits;
- Provide the support required by the auditors;
- Prepares all relevant documents required;
Education & Experience
College Diploma in Accounting or 5 years of experience in an accounting position, including financial responsibilities, ideally in a not-for-profit environment. Other combinations of education and relevant professional experience may be considered.
- Knowledge and understanding of general accounting principles;
- Bookkeeping skills;
- Strong communication skills; English and French, Cree language is an asset;
- Professionalism, sense of judgement and discretion in dealing with sensitive matters;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent computer skills: Simply Accounting, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint;
- Commitment and capacity to work in team-based environment as well as independently
A/S Human Resources Department – Accounting Technician posting
Send us your resume and cover letter by May 18th, 2020, by e-mail only at email@example.com
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.