- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Education Level Graduate Degree (M.A.)
Under the general direction of the Cree Nation of Mistissini but more specifically under the supervision of the Finance Manager, the Accounting Supervisor is responsible for performing a variety of general accounting functions, following established procedures, and supervising the bank reconciliation clerk, accounts payable and receivable clerks.
Finance and accounting responsibilities
- Perform general accounting functions, including the maintenance of accounting records and ledgers;
- Oversee monthly closing procedures, ensure the accounting registers, ledgers, records, documents, reports are properly maintained and accurate;
- Verify the accuracy of accounting practices and use of accounting codes; monitor appropriate use of Chart of Accounts;
- Manage accounting information systems, provide support to users, and liaise with service providers when external support is required;
- Oversee the administration of banking transactions including bank reconciliations and coordination of cash requirements in the department;
- Manage the monthly GST/QST remittance process from beginning to end;
- Respond to auditors’ comments concerning finances and operations in collaboration with the Directors, implement and oversee required actions to address deficiencies;
- Carry out all finance special projects as requested by the Finance Manager, such as but not limited to in-depth analysis and reconciliation of accounts and transactions;
- Maintain full and accurate accounting and financial records, statements, and reports following generally accepted accounting practices and established procedures, to enhance the accuracy of the reported financial results;
- Assist the Treasurer and the auditors in the compilation of annual financial statements and fiscal year audits.
- Supervise the work of the accounts payable and receivable team; review the assignment of tasks and accuracy of work output;
- In conjunction with the Finance Manager, ensure the effective production of schedules so that sufficient staffing levels are maintained at all times, to effectively execute operations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in the area(s) of responsibility;
- Replace other team members when required.
- Perform other duties as requested from time to time.
- Post-secondary education (D.E.C in Accounting for Finance);
- One to Three years of work experience in Finance or Administration;
- Strong administration, management, planning and organizational skills;
- Strong Leadership, Communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate information and provide direction clearly and effectively to staff;
- Strong supervisory skills to work and help subordinates;
- Knowledge of accounting software (SAGE) and programs (ACCPAC);
- Willingness to work long hours and overtime when necessary;
- Ability to communicate fluently in Cree and English, French will be a considered asset.
SALARY: Job Class 5: $ 53,099.93 to $ 79,651.98
DATE OF POSTING: June 15, 2020
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: July 10, 2020 @ 12:00 p.m.
PLEASE ADDRESS ALL APPLICATIONS TO:
Mr. Andrew Neeposh, Director of Human Resources
Cree Nation of Mistissini
187 Main Street
Mistissini, Qc G0W 1C0
ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS MUST BE PROVIDED WITH APPLICATIONS INCLUDING SCHOOL TRANSCRIPTS AND/OR DIPLOMAS ALONG WITH TWO REFERENCE CONTACTS.
Applications are to be forward to Emily S. Brien, Administrative Assistant to HR or email firstname.lastname@example.org.