Under the general direction of the Cree Nation of Mistissini but more specifically under the supervision of the Finance Manager, the Accounting Supervisor is responsible for performing a variety of general accounting functions, following established procedures, and supervising the bank reconciliation clerk, accounts payable and receivable clerks.
Finance and accounting responsibilities
- Perform general accounting functions, including the maintenance of accounting records and ledgers;
- Oversee monthly closing procedures, ensure the accounting registers, ledgers, records, documents, reports are properly maintained and accurate;
- Verify the accuracy of accounting practices and use of accounting codes; monitor appropriate use of Chart of Accounts;
- Manage accounting information systems, provide support to users, and liaise with service providers when external support is required;
- Oversee the administration of banking transactions including bank reconciliations and coordination of cash requirements in the department;
- Manage the monthly GST/QST remittance process from beginning to end;
- Respond to auditors’ comments concerning finances and operations in collaboration with the Directors, implement and oversee required actions to address deficiencies;
- Carry out all finance special projects as requested by the Finance Manager, such as but not limited to in-depth analysis and reconciliation of accounts and transactions;
- Maintain full and accurate accounting and financial records, statements, and reports following generally accepted accounting practices and established procedures, to enhance the accuracy of the reported financial results;
- Assist the Treasurer and the auditors in the compilation of annual financial statements and fiscal year audits.
- Supervise the work of the accounts payable and receivable team; review the assignment of tasks and accuracy of work output;
- In conjunction with the Finance Manager, ensure the effective production of schedules so that sufficient staffing levels are maintained at all times, to effectively execute operations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in the area(s) of responsibility;
- Replace other team members when required.
- Perform other duties as requested from time to time.
- Post-secondary education (D.E.C in Accounting for Finance);
- One to Three years of work experience in Finance or Administration;
- Strong administration, management, planning and organizational skills;
- Strong Leadership, Communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate information and provide direction clearly and effectively to staff;
- Strong supervisory skills to work and help subordinates;
- Knowledge of accounting software (SAGE) and programs (ACCPAC);
- Willingness to work long hours and overtime when necessary;
- Ability to communicate fluently in Cree and English, French will be a considered asset.
SALARY: Job Class 5: $ 53,099.93 to $ 79,651.98
DATE OF POSTING: June 15, 2020
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: July 10, 2020 @ 12:00 p.m.
PLEASE ADDRESS ALL APPLICATIONS TO:
Mr. Andrew Neeposh, Director of Human Resources
Cree Nation of Mistissini
187 Main Street
Mistissini, Qc G0W 1C0
ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS MUST BE PROVIDED WITH APPLICATIONS INCLUDING SCHOOL TRANSCRIPTS AND/OR DIPLOMAS ALONG WITH TWO REFERENCE CONTACTS.
Applications are to be forward to Emily S. Brien, Administrative Assistant to HR or email email@example.com.