- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Mistissini
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
LOCATION OF WORK
Sabtuan Adult Education Services (SAES) MISTISSINI
NATURE OF WORK
The position of academic and vocational information counsellor encompasses, in particular, responsibility for providing information, advice, assistance and guidance to students in the adult sector on programs of study, course selection and labour market to help them become familiar with academic and career paths so as to make informed choices.
- Participates in developing and implementing an academic and vocational information service that meets the academic and administrative requirements of both the educational institutions and the school board.
- Guides the student in preparing their educational path by providing them with any pertinent information on the educational path chosen; helps the student identify their needs and analyzes the student’s record, while taking into account his or her aptitudes and interests.
- Prepares and conducts, with a multidisciplinary team, awareness, information and training activities intended for students so as to arouse their interest in the labour market, to motivate them in school and to assess the achievement of objectives.
- Acts as a resource person for the guidance-oriented approach and helps the education community to set up the activities associated with this approach.
- Plans, organizes and conducts academic and vocational information activities: conferences, industrial visits and information evenings; works with other staff members to prepare and publish brochures and guides; ensures the organization and operation of a documentation centre on the education community, career options and the labour market; finds, analyzes and places, at the disposal of students, references, databanks and online directories.
- Ensures the analysis, evaluation, coding and, if necessary, adaptation of academic and vocational information intended for students; keeps abreast of labour market developments and programs, using, in particular, research and document review.
- Establishes and maintains relationships and collaboration with representatives of the labour market, educational institutions and other organizations that could be involved in providing guidance to students; promotes the activities and courses offered and responds to internal and external information requests.
- Informs and supports students in filling out applications for programs and financial aid.
- Prepares and updates files according to the rules defined by the school board.
- If need be, performs any other related tasks.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate speciality, notably:
- academic and vocational counselling.
- guidance counselling.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Ability to work in French is an asset.
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset.
SALARY AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Regular full-time position.
- 35 hours/week;
- Salary: $24.46/hr to $40.98/hr
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 to $13,573.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
To be determined
Please complete the Application Form found HERE or forward your CV to:
Human Resources Services
Cree School Board
203 Main Street
Please indicate posting #: MIS-3612
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
POSTING DATE May 1st, 2020
END OF POSTING May 28, 2020 4:30 PM
In the above text, includes both the masculine and feminine forms.