TITLE: LOCAL ENVIRONMENT ADMINISTRATOR
STATUS: PERMANENT FULL-TIME
Under the general direction of the Cree Nation of Mistissini, and the Director of Community Development, but more specifically under the supervision of the Coordinator of Land
Management. The Local Environment Administrator will be responsible for the administration of the local environment and related duties in accordance with the laws and regulations of Quebec/Canada and local laws of the Council of the Cree Nation of Mistissini, with respect to the Agreement on Cree Nation Governance between the Crees of Eeyou Istchee and the Government of Canada.
- Act as a liaison between stakeholders when the environmental and social impact assessment process is triggered in category 1 land, as contemplated in section 22 of the JBNQA;
- Acts as a liaison for the community with respect to development projects subject to the environmental and social impact assessment and review procedures that are located in category 2 and 3 lands;
- Ensure that the sampling for the quality of the drinking water in the community is carried out in accordance with the directives prescribed by environment Quebec;
- Assists the local authorities in the proper management of systems for solid waste disposal, waste-water disposal, drinking water supply, and groundwater monitoring in the community;
- Acts as an advisor to the Council of the Cree Nation of Mistissini and the Council of the Mistassini Landholding Corporation in the drawing up of laws and administrative rules on category 1 lands in matters of zoning, land use planning, wildlife management, and other similar interests of the Cree tallymen;
- Acts as a local inspection officer with the appropriate local departmental agencies for the enforcement of applicable local, federal and provincial laws, regulations, and standards affecting the design, operation, and maintenance of community utilities;
- Act as a liaison with the CNM Public Safety department and the Mistissini Emergency Planning Committee when an environmental cause poses a public hazard;
- Participate in other various committees as appointed by the Council of the Cree Nation of Mistissini;
- Responsible to train and transfer knowledge to the other members of the Land Management and Environment (LM-E) division to ensure continuity in the delivery of environmental services;
- Responsible to assist other members of the Land Management and Environment (LM-E) team or perform other tasks related to the Land Management and Environment (LM-E) division;
- Perform other duties as requested from time to time.
- College diploma in the field of Environment, Management, or Administration;
- (2) year experience in Management/administration;
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and GIS software is an important asset;
- Must possess excellent communication skills, decision-making skills, and research skills;
- Fluency in Cree and English is a requirement;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work as a team member;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
SALARY RANGE: CLASS 5
DATE OF POSTING: February 6, 2023
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: February 24, 2023 at 3:00pm
PLEASE ADDRESS ALL APPLICATIONS TO:
Director of Human Resources
Cree Nation of Mistissini
187 Main Street
Mistissini, Qc G0W 1C0
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST PROVIDE WITH A COVER LETTER, CURRICULUM VITAE, CERTIFICATES, DIPLOMAS AND TWO REFERENCE LETTERS.
Applications are to be forwarded to Emily Shecapio, Administrative Assistant to HR or by email at email@example.com.