The Concentrator Control Room Operator is part of the Operations Sector team. He/she plays the role of an orchestra conductor with the ore processing operators. He/she works closely with the plant’s operators. He/she ensures the operation of the ore processing equipment and the industrial water treatment equipment.
- Control the execution of the ore processing and industrial water treatment steps by using the process control system screens.
- Manage the alarms produced by the control system and take the necessary actions for recovery from problem situations.
- Monitor the process interlock bypass system and keep the register up to date.
- Monitor the reagent mixing teams from the camera systems.
- Operate the ore processing equipment, if necessary.
- Monitor the data and the fluctuations on the screens to check the running of the ore processing circuits and make the necessary adjustments.
- Monitor the data and the fluctuations on the control screens and on the surveillance cameras to check the running of the industrial water treatment circuit and make the necessary adjustments.
- Give instructions related to the adjustments required to be made on the ore processing and water treatment equipment to the production personnel: the operators and the assistant operators.
- Issue the work notices in SAP.
- Assist the operators and the assistant operators during startup tests that are part of the lockout procedures.
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of his/her duties
- DEP (Diploma of Vocational Studies) in ore processing;
- At least 8 years’ experience in processing operations;
- Control room experience in the ore processing field an asset;
- Concern of occupational health and safety;
- Good computer skills;
- Bilingualism an asset.
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment;
- Analysis and problem solving;
- Organizational skills;
- Good priority management ability;
- Versatility and adaptability.
- This position requires a continuous presence in the control room. The operator occupying this position must take his/her breaks and meals in the control room.
- Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than November 17, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position is based at Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, which is a fly-in/fly-out operation. Pursuant to the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, COVID-19 vaccination is required for all travelers departing from Canadian airports, which includes flights to/from Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, subject only to some very limited exemptions. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or confirming that you have an exemption from the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, prior to your anticipated start date. Further, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination or exemption status prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request.