EDUCATION CONSULTANT Response to Intervention
LOCATION OF WORK
To be determined
NATURE OF THE WORK
This position is responsible for providing advice and support to teachers and other professionals in the
implementation, development and evaluation of the Cree School Board Response to Intervention (RTI)school based initiative and protocols.
Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of the RTI school based initiative while complying with the academic and administrative requirements of both the educational institutions and the school board;
Contribute to the implementation of academic and behavioural intervention assessment, programs and training, provides advice to the teachers and administration concerning the interpretation of those assessments and programs, designs and leads training workshops and sessions on instructional and assessment components related to the RTI process.
Develop or select and deliver training and support designed to respond to needs in implementing the RTI process which include best instructional practices, data collection and reporting, innovation and development;
Provide teachers with learning evaluation tools and guide them in the design, preparation or adaptation of evaluation tools of the RTI sequence and supplementary interventions.
Advice management, teacher and professional staff on his field of expertise to support decision making;
Prepare programs calendar, and the teachers students schedule;
Contribute to the detection and identification of students experiencing difficulties, using the RTI process and focusing on prevention and intervention
- A Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialty notably in special education;
- Permanent teaching permit issued by the Minister of Education (Brevet);
- Five (5) years experience as a teacher;
- Must demonstrate strong teaching abilities, classroom management, methodology and knowledge of M.E.E.S. programs;
- Bilingualism, French and English required,
- Knowledge of the Cree language is an asset;
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible.
- Regular, full-time position.
- 35 hours per week.
- Salary: $25.25/hr to $45.22/hr
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $17,652.00
- Retention Premium: $3,500.00 – $7,000.00
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate the competition #: CHI-4366. Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
August 10, 2022
END OF POSTING
August 23, 2022 5:00 PM
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form.