Posting # ADD-2223-0120
Position # S911
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES AIDE (3588)
|DEPARTMENT:||Fed. Homecare (812551)|
|HOURLY SALARY:||Max. $25.63|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person in a home, residence, group home or other facility of similar nature, who is responsible for a range of tasks aimed at supporting the user and his family or at compensating for his disabilities in performing daily activities or domestic tasks. Must also work at promoting the user’s integration and socialization in individual and community activities.
In the performance of his duties, the health and social services aide sees to users’ hygiene, well‑being and comfort and meets their general needs. Installs certain devices and provides specific care for which he has been trained. Also prepares meals and performs domestic tasks.
Reports his observations on the needs of the users’ and his family to the persons in charge and to team members. In collaboration with other workers, contributes to identifying the needs of the user, developing a service or intervention plan and implementing such plan.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma.
- DEP in Homecare.
- No specific experience.
- No specific diploma and;
- Three (3) to four (4) years of related experience.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to write short reports;
- Excellent listening and communication skills;
- Sense of accountability, resourcefulness and vigilance;
- Capacity to establish interpersonal relations;
- Capacity to work in a multi‑disciplinary team;
- Must possess organizational skills and keen sense of observation.
- Fluent in Cree and English;
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Occasional after hours’ availability (possibility of evening and weekend);
- Valid driver’s license class 5 meeting the standards of the Société assurance automobile du Québec and the Ministère des Transports du Québec;
- Must have a car;
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2022-08-04/2022-08-18|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7/35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 / Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.