LOCATION OF WORK
Mistissini – Communications and Community Relations
NATURE OF WORK
The Communications Consultant contributes to the development and maintenance of communications as a creative member of the Communications and Community Relations Department (CCR) and they are assigned to Sabtuan Adult Education Services and are supervised for daily tasks by the Director of SAES.
- Provides external and internal communications services to the Sabtuan Adult Education Services.
- Creative services include planning and coordination of public relations activities, and contributing to the development of promotional materials.
- Required functions include writing press releases, newsletters, blogs, surveys, brochures, presentations, speeches, and content for videos.
- Supports the SAES section of the CSB website and the SAES internal newsletter.
- Participate in the SAES’ brand promotion in a creative manner Prepares media kits and develops communication plans according to the needs and population targeted by the department of SAES. Evaluates the results of the communication strategies and means used.
- A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialty, notably: – Communications; – Public Relations; – Journalism.
- At least 3 years of related experience is required.
- Fluency in English.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Professional-level English proofreading and editing skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills in French and Cree are assets.
- French translation skills are assets.
- Excellent knowledge of internal and external communication concepts and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
- Knowledge of design software and Mailchimp are assets.
- Experience in developing, and engaging in social media and web platforms;
- Skills in photography, audio and video are assets;
- Needs to be available to travel.
NOTE: Exceptionally and after evaluation of a candidate’s qualifications, years of pertinent experience may be recognized by the school board as equivalent in the case of a level of schooling lower than the minimum required.
- Regular full-time position.
- 35 hours/week. Salary: $24.46/h – $40.98/h
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $17,652.00
- This work involves numerous trips to different communities.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE
Please indicate the competition #: MIS-4060
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format. In you have any questions, contact email@example.com
DATE OF POSTING: November 1st, 2021
END OF POSTING: November 15, 2021 5:00 PM