Coordinator of Special Education Services
LOCATION OF WORK
CHISASIBI – Special Education Services
NATURE OF WORK
- Under the authority of the Director of Education Services, the position of Coordinator of Special Education Services comprises all the duties required for the coordination, supervision, evaluation, research and Development of Special Education Services in the Board.
- Participates in the formulation of the objectives and policies of the Board dealing with special education.
- Provides consultation and information to the teachers, principals, School Committees and Commissioners on matters related to special education.
- Coordinates, supervises and evaluates of pedagogical counsellors regarding the implementation and the adaptation of the guidelines of the Ministry of Education of Quebec and Cree School Board approved policies and programs, the research and the development of didactic material.
- Coordinates with outside expertise-psychologists, speech therapists, health care professionals, social workers, educational assessment specialists, etc.
- Manages files related to students with special needs.
- Approves of special need care workers after analysing requests sent by schools.
- Prepares the overall budget of Special Education Services as well as implements and monitor of the budget approved by the Council.
- Works with school administrations, if need be, on individualized education plans and on models for student services and for instruction to at-risk students, students with special needs or handicapped students.
- Participates in preparing, negotiating, and implementing contracts and service agreements with organizations responsible for providing student services.
- Represents, upon request, the school board or the administrative unit in matters related to his sector of activity.
- Performs any additional related duty as required by the Director of Education Services.
- Undergraduate university degree in a relevant field of study.
- Five (5) years of experience in the special education sector.
- Permanent teaching permit issued by the Ministry of Education of Quebec. Bilingual (English – French).
- Knowledge of Cree (asset).
- Available to travel.
- Regular, Full-time position 35 hrs/week
- Salary: $84,166.00 – $112,219.00
- Northern Allowance: $ 8,484.00 – $ 13,573.00
- *Given the current salary regulations and guidelines at the Cree School Board, candidates from another Quebec School Board will be able to obtain a salary as per the scale above-mentioned. However, candidates that are not from the education sector are not eligible to a salary above the midpoint of the position’s salary scale.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
To be determined.
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE Please indicate the competition #: CHI-3939 Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format. In you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
DATE OF POSTING August 3, 2021
END OF POSTING August 16, 2021 5:00 PM