- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Chisasibi
- Education Level Graduate Degree (M.A.)
Posting #: P-1920-0943C
Position #: 1859
ART THERAPIST (1258)
|DEPARTMENT:||Maanuuhiikuu (Mental Health)|
|STATUS:||1 – Permanent Full-time|
|HOURLY SALARY:||Min. (1) $25.25 – Max. (18) $45.22|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who evaluates, conceives, defines and implements treatment programs using various therapeutic means based on creativity. She/he may use artistic material or music, in accordance with the theoretical and practical foundations of art therapy, in order to answer the individual and collective needs of the users. She/he writes reports, evaluates the progress of the users and updates their medical files.
- Integrate cultural therapeutic approach for clientele.
- Work in collaboration within the community resources in cultural approach programs.
- According to the needs of the clientele, may use therapy sessions in a cultural setting.
- Master’s Degree in Art Therapy.
- Member of the Association des Art-Thérapeutes du Québec is an asset.
- Two (2) years of pertinent experience.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Cree culture, social/health issues and Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigms is an asset;
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context related to First Nations mental health and dependencies services;
- Ability to apply Eeyou/Eenou culture, values, traditions and teachings into programs and services
- where possible;
- Ability in the identification and analysis of the clientele needs;
- Ability to communicate theoretical and practical knowledge, as applied to coaching and training;
- Experience with community-based interventions and coordination of service plans;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Team work capabilities.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset;
- Must be willing to visit other Cree communities when emergency mental health is requested in time of crisis.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2021-02-15/2021-03-1|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7/35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 | Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.