Department: Government and Support Services
Location: To Be Determined
Salary Grade 5:(Min. $56,158.00 – Max. $84,237.00)
The Records and Information Management Coordinator is responsible for supervising and coordinating the records information management (RIM) of the Cree Nation Government archives in collaboration with the IT Coordinator. The RIM coordinates information service activities with other internal division, departments and outside agencies and provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Cree Nation Government.
- Accountable for the implementation of the RIM plan to all respective units of the organization.
- Responsible to co-define the information architecture and all its respective components.
- Collaborates with external consultant to define the governance process of the RIM in relation to the respective units of the Cree Nation Government regarding documentation.
- Responsible for disseminating RIM policies and procedures to staff and ensuring compliance at governmental, legal, and accounting levels.
- Ensure the alignment of RIM objectives with those of the organization.
- Develop and implement programming standards and operating procedures.
- Serve as a liaison for the Records and Management Information with other departments.
- Work with key employees to correct deficiencies in accordance to RIM.
- Manage and plan activities related to archiving and preservation of documents including the preservation, maintenance and destruction of documents, and coordinating without storage providers.
- Provide administrative and general support to staff in the completion of theirduties and responsibilities.
- Compose and review a variety of correspondence, reports and documents as assigned.
- Respond to and resolve any inquiries and complaints as it pertains to record keeping and information management and/or archives.
- Assume management responsibility for all services and activities of RIM upon effective implementation
- Prepare work plans and time estimates for projects and proposed systems.
- Work with key employees (Administrative Assistants, Clerks) to correct deficiencies in accordance to RIM
- Plan, coordinate and review the work of assigned staff.
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of RIM.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Archive Studies, Library Sciences, Information Management, Records Management, Data Management, or any other degree deemed relevant to those identified above. CRM certification would be an asset.
- Knowledge of records management systems (SharePoint, Laserfiche, etc.) would be an asset
- Three to five years of relevant work experience.
- Written knowledge of English
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in verbal Cree an asset
Knowledge and Abilities
- Good knowledge of operational characteristics, services, development and production of information management services.
- Experience with Laserfiche ECM and MS SQL server/database.
- Good judgment, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good management and supervisory skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good organizational skill and the ability to coordinate multiple tasks and respect deadlines.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From December 3, 2019 to December 27, 2019
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: ECN-191103-2