- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Regional
- Education Level High School Diploma
Department: Government and Support Services
Salary Grade 2:(Min. $33,059.00 – Max. $49,588.00)
The File Clerk is responsible for maintaining an inventory and a database of relevant documentation and performs a range of clerical functions.
- Ensure that documentation is archived in accordance with the standard procedures.
- Input data, such as file numbers, new or updated information, or document information codes into
- computer systems to support document and information retrieval.
- Provide support with directing, designing, developing, and recommending manual and/or automated records filing and retrieval.
- Work in conjunction with Records and Information Management Coordinator (RIMC) in testing the proposed Information Architecture before the deployment.
- Assist the RIMC in defining the Key Performing Indicators of the RIM project.
- Scan and archive all the documents on an ongoing basis using the Information Management System (IMS).
- Track and control records circulation and retention schedule.
- Assist in coordinating the transfer and disposition of records from all departments to the records centre/archive.
- Answer questions about records or files.
- Conduct documentation searches for employees on the database.
- Act as a replacement for the receptionist, if needed.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma with additional training program of at least one year in Secretarial studies or related field.
- One to three years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in verbal Cree
Knowledge and Abilities
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From November 8, 2019 to November 25, 2019
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: ECN-191104-1