The 50 ton truck operator is part of the surface services team. He/she is responsible for operating the 50 ton production trucks required to perform surface operations.
- Transport tailings to the tailings facility
- Transport waste rock to the tailings facility
- Transport ore to the transfer pit
- Flexibility to train on other mobile equipment to support surface operations
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly in the area of health and safety
- Keep the workplace clean and safe at all times
- Report all incidents/accidents to his/her supervisor
- Participate in ongoing training program to improve best practices
- All tasks related to the performance of his/her duties
Training and Experience:
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Bilingualism, French and English (an asset)
- Experience in the operation of heavy equipment such as excavators, production loaders, hammer loaders
Skills and Competencies:
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Be autonomous and responsible
- Ability to adapt
- Éléonore mine site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
- Work on a day/night rotation
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than December 09, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position is based at Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, which is a fly-in/fly-out operation. Pursuant to the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, COVID-19 vaccination is required for all travelers departing from Canadian airports, which includes flights to/from Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, subject only to some very limited exemptions. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or confirming that you have an exemption from the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, prior to your anticipated start date. Further, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination or exemption status prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request.